Need some help post Hurricane Irma

May 15, 2015
Brooklyn NY
Hey guys. Looking for some assistance for my friends pool. This site has given me some bravado to tackle my own pool on my own but my friend has some weird numbers and I don't want to steer him incorrectly. Some assistance as to where to begin is appreciated. He has a underground pool that is around 15k gallons. His numbers are below

FC is zero
PH is 7.2
Alkalinity is 600ppm
CH is 150ppm
SAlt is 3600ppm
CYA is at zero

I'm aware that we need to raise and lower a lot of these but don't know where to begin. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

you need bleach and stabilizer ASAP based on the size of their pool. You didn't mention the size. Did you really use 60 drops on the TA test for it to change color? I've never heard of TA 600 or is there an extra 0 by accident?

Thank you for response. I asked my friend to double check the TA and he said yes, 600 is correct. He is using the Taylor test kit. I don't know the size of the pool because of weird shape but he says his ex pool guy told him around 15,000 gallons. Just to be clear, first step is to add bleach and stabilizer? How many gallons of bleach to start? Thanks again..

You may want to wait for other responses on the TA I haven't seen that high and don't know if it will cause problems.

using the pool math on a 15K pool you need at least a gallon of bleach (8.25%) (get several gallons and expect to buy more in case you need to SLAM for a while) and 3 lbs of stabilizer to get to 30 CYA

After adding that get test results again

FC
CC
CYA (this may take time to show up but if you add it with the sock method in front of the return and it dissolves assume 30)
PH
TA just verify it took 60 drops don't test it again yet if it did

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.