South Park, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
We just put in a new SWG fiberglass pool, and have two issues. The first is that during construction the installers got a LOT of limestone gravel and dust in the pool. The dust settled out and aggregated and now we have about a dozen white spots on the pool bottom that are proving difficult to remove. Our PB is working on the problem. He had us add a metal chelator and then Conquer, a product that removes calcium carbonate. So far, that hasn't helped. He told us that he will have someone physically remove the spots with light grit sandpaper. Does this sound right? Any other options on how to break up and remove these deposits? Second issue is new Pentair gas heater. We keep getting AFS or AGS errors and heater quits working. I can get it to restart if I backwash and put the pump on at maximum. Pressure is never above normal when the heater faults. Any ideas on what is wrong? PB is sending tech for this problem as well. Appreciate any advice.

Are you sure the white spots are not just a factory finish flaw? I had/have some weird streaking that turned out to be a finish flaw and I have lived with it, primarily because any cure (a full refinish) would be a lot worse than what I have now and no one pays attention to the streaks except me. I get that we spend a lot of money on our pools and want perfection but in the end it’s meatball construction, always. Just be careful in making your choices that they don’t make something worse. The heater issue, whatever it is I’m sure they’ll figure it out and make it right. Good luck and congrats on the pool!

Are you sure the white spots are not just a factory finish flaw? I had/have some weird streaking that turned out to be a finish flaw and I have lived with it, primarily because any cure (a full refinish) would be a lot worse than what I have now and no one pays attention to the streaks except me. I get that we spend a lot of money on our pools and want perfection but in the end it’s meatball construction, always. Just be careful in making your choices that they don’t make something worse. The heater issue, whatever it is I’m sure they’ll figure it out and make it right. Good luck and congrats on the pool!
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Spots were not there when pool was delivered or for a long time after water was in. They developed over time. And you are right, we all want perfection, but it isn't always necessary or possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.