Nifty

May 18, 2021
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Never owned a pool before and bought a house that has an inground pool. I've read up on the Hayward DE filter and think I have a pretty good understanding of it. I have two questions:

In the skimmer there is a blue tube and when I unscrew it you see what's in image 2. I'm assuming that this was put in for the winter and I just leave it out. In image 2 where the tube was, I'm assuming that goes back to the filter and the other port is from the pool.

Second, in image 3 and 4 there are 2 plugs. Again, assuming those were when the pool was winterized. I'm assuming that I need to replace them with images 6 and 7. Does it matter where they go? Image 3 is toward the corner of the pool and image 4 is in the center. I'm not sure what image 5 is for. Assuming it's to plug something as it expands when the wing nut is tightened.

This newbie appreciates any help and thanks in advance.

pool_C.jpg

You are all over it.. You guessed perfectly :)

1, 3, 4, and 5 are for winterizing and 6 and 7 go back on the returns, 6 on the closest return and 7 on the furthest from the pump, or you can try to switch them.. :)

The should be a filter looking bucket that now goes in 2 to collect leaves and stuff... looks something like this https://smile.amazon.com/Swimming-Replacement-Skimmer-Hayward-B-9/dp/B006H3XXGW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.