Need recommendations on adding new equipment

BWeber83

Aug 14, 2020
Friendswood Tx
Hey guys! New to the whole pool thing. Learning and loving it! I currently have a 30k gallon chlorine pool with Hayward DE 60sqft filter and single speed 2 hp pump that is built up on 4’ platform . I do not have heater or spa. Pic below is my set up

C11F9F31-76E1-4320-8760-FD8C8A357345.jpeg

After having current filter cleaned and pool checked out I am still not getting flow from all my returns in pool with my diverter valves opened up all the way for waterfall and diverter turned on partially for Polaris 360 running. If I turn those diverters off there is lots of flow. I have a new 3hp Pentair VS 11028 pump and Pentair clean and clear cartridge 520 I’m planning on installing ASAP. I am confident I can handle the reworking the PVC but wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything.

I also bought 3 check valves to install inline below return diverted valves or should they be installed above the return diverter valves?

Another question I have is do I still need that big backwash multiport valve with the new cartridge filter or can I get rid of it
And last but not least I have a flow meter I was going to install right outside the new filter. This would be the best place for it?

Thanks for the advice/pointers/critiques
Looking forward to learning a lot on here

Blake

oh! On bottom right of pic you can see a 1.5” pipe out of ground capped off. Any idea what that would have been for? All the other pipe is 2”. Just bought this house 5 months ago

Blake,

Your new cartridge filter does not use the large MPV at all.. The water leaves the pump and goes straight into the filter. Out of the filter and into your Return valve like it does now.

You can only force so much water through the plumbing.. It takes a lot of water to drive a waterfall, pool returns and a pressure side cleaner.

Good luck with your new equipment.. I would be interested to know how fast you need to run the new pump to make everything work at the same time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.