Need pictures please of Cobalt Lake/ Grey Mosaic or Natural grey! Pretty please.

Jul 8, 2018
Sussex/WI
I’m new to this group. I have to update my signature with details but we are set to put in a 20’x40’ rectangle vinyl pool in a few weeks. It will be 3.5’- 8’ deep. Still haven’t decided step entry. Ugh!
We have full sun in the location of the pool. PB would like us to pick a liner. We don’t want the royal or light blues.

We want a relaxing blue and think these two liners may be the way to achieve this. If you have these liners can you tell me what you like/don’t like? And post some pics of the pool in sun,shade, and perhaps a pic from water as you wade in the shallow end? We have kids from 3yr up to 13yrs and I’m worried Grey will be too dark after 3pm or when sun starts to set.

Thank you!

Hello. I have a grey mosaic and love it!!! Here are a few pics in shade and in sun. I don’t think it’s dark at all. You won’t have any problem seeing your kids. It’s tough deciding but I love my liner!!

Full sun
f0d3a8f1d6d49451a6b4b4e7f73a3322.jpg

Full shade which I get a lot of. Main drain is completely visible in 8 feet of water.
912028a9f8a81311ceb27ffafabac2ef.jpg

b3d344dbd33c73d2a89427e2ba0a8dc7.jpg
uwz

Reactions: Amhw
Hello. I have a grey mosaic and love it!!! Here are a few pics in shade and in sun. I don’t think it’s dark at all. You won’t have any problem seeing your kids. It’s tough deciding but I love my liner!!

Full sun
f0d3a8f1d6d49451a6b4b4e7f73a3322.jpg

Full shade which I get a lot of. Main drain is completely visible in 8 feet of water.
912028a9f8a81311ceb27ffafabac2ef.jpg

b3d344dbd33c73d2a89427e2ba0a8dc7.jpg
uwz

Thank you! I think that may have put my torture of liner selection to an end. We have so been on the fence btwn Natural Grey and this one. I love that color! Do you think the border is helpful for water level? I’m thinking of not doing a border. I have OCD though, have to ask if the mosaic tiles all match up at seams? I worry it won’t and I will go bonkers. ~Stefani

Hello! Glad I could help. I know the agony of choosing a liner all too well. I saw your other thread and that’s the liner I have!

As for the seams, I haven’t really taken notice but I will try to get a few pics for you tomorrow. Believe it or not, it’s hard to tell it’s Mosiac at all and the pattern when in a pool seems smaller than the little swatch. I’m pretty sure it lines up quite well. Gonna go thru some of my pics and see what I can find. If I don’t have any that would help, I will snap a few.

Border......really depends on your personal preference. I like a border and some don’t. I think this particular border looks great with my white coping. Finishes everything off nicely. I use the skimmer bolts for water level tho. My perfect level is at the second bolt lol!

Found some pics.

My seams are somewhat visible. I zoomed in on this image so you could see how the mosaic lines up. (Yes there is water in the pool!! TFP is the best!)

39925fc3588ef4d1d81c5dbb899fde97.jpg

This one is full sun taken at water level.
72ef8fc6d98661b41e85e3a395aa0dd0.jpg

Full shade at water level
02768e644aebecb16e2189001544754b.jpg

My pool is completely shaded by 3pm and looks like this.
a2049fc233c7c52fb789400e5d362415.jpg

Steps....I will get a better pic tomorrow. The liner casts a blue color on the bottom two white
Steps which I love!
2760ec5fb8f41623bc1873cbe6682d61.jpg

You can see that it takes on different hues in different light. I highly recommend!!

wow! Just wow! Thank you for going through all the extra effort for me. I appreciate everything SO MUCH!!! I love the color. My husband likes it too. I think we may go with a grey coping and jet/ drain but white sure let’s uou see things nicely. We are “supposedly” next for our PB and yet we haven’t confirmed design plans. I wonder how long it takes for them to get supplies ordered? Glad you have water in your pool! ;)

Glad to help! It was cloudy here all day so not much more to show you. My pool is 17 years old so I’m not sure how long supplies take to come in.

It’s an exciting time and I’m sure you and your family will create some awesome memories in your new pool! I know we did! My youngest was 7 months old when our pool was installed. He is now 18 and I don’t regret a single second of having a pool. It was money well spent for me and my family. We created many many memories in our pool!

Reactions: jgersh

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you! I think that may have put my torture of liner selection to an end. We have so been on the fence btwn Natural Grey and this one. I love that color! Do you think the border is helpful for water level? I’m thinking of not doing a border. I have OCD though, have to ask if the mosaic tiles all match up at seams? I worry it won’t and I will go bonkers. ~Stefani
Did you have pool done ? Please may I see pictures?

Did you have your pool done? Please may I see pictures?
Ha so close....after a 6 month nightmare the day the liner was supposed to go in last week the pool guy threw out his back loading the truck ....of course he did .... so now it’s sitting in a box on our pool patio. Now that I’m done whining as soon as it goes in I’ll post!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Love2Fly
We just had the liner in our pool installed Friday. We struggled with the decision to go with a gray liner but couldn't be happier. Ours is the Latham Gray Mosaic with border. The colors you get during the day in sun and shade with this liner are awesome! We do not regret our decision one bit.

IMG-1346.JPG

Ha so close....after a 6 month nightmare the day the liner was supposed to go in last week the pool guy threw out his back loading the truck ....of course he did .... so now it’s sitting in a box on our pool patio. Now that I’m done whining as soon as it goes in I’ll post!!!
Ps didn’t mean to sound heartless. I do feel bad he has hurt himself but it was just almost ridiculous the timing bc this basically defines our pool build

Reactions: Love2Fly
I am sorry to hear it. The whole pool process is a night mare. I appreciate your help. Hopefully you installer will get better soon.

We just had the liner in our pool installed Friday. We struggled with the decision to go with a gray liner but couldn't be happier. Ours is the Latham Gray Mosaic with border. The colors you get during the day in sun and shade with this liner are awesome! We do not regret our decision one bit.

View attachment 119702

Do you have liner steps or fiberglass steps? Trying to see how steps and a tanning ledge would look with the grey mosaic latham liner. Thank you for your help.

View attachment 119702
Hello! We are considering this liner - the pictures of your border make the lighter parts of the diamond look blue/white in areas. The book sample makes everything look shades of gray. What is your opinion on the actual border color? I do not want white or light blue from our previous border experience. Thanks so much!

This almost makes me regret not buying the grey tiled liner I found through my local pool store. I went with a tan liner instead.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.