Need outdoor curtain recommendations, please

Here is picture of the mounting bar on ours. I overexposed the picture to highlight the shady area. Ours is side mounted but it could be mounted from above as well. This one is hidden. The other one is exposed. It was only out for a few months. No melting occured. I suspect they will degrade much faster if exposed versus not, but melting? I wonder if they had a focused reflection coming from somewhere that increased the temperature locally.

2016-07-10 17.10.48.jpg

We got ours from Home Depot and they have worked well! We've had them for quite some time.

11e1e125f9293cab22be7f6c77350833.jpg
7c2cc31e6ad6dcc836d809d081677147.jpg

Other side we added a 2x4 to mount.
d1216f05510a5e5f9032d300416ca558.jpg

Here is picture of the mounting bar on ours. I overexposed the picture to highlight the shady area. Ours is side mounted but it could be mounted from above as well. This one is hidden. The other one is exposed. It was only out for a few months. No melting occured. I suspect they will degrade much faster if exposed versus not, but melting? I wonder if they had a focused reflection coming from somewhere that increased the temperature locally.

View attachment 61203

Thank you you so much for the pictures!! I bought one at Lowes today. I'll post pictures once I get it hung next week.
I appreciate all the input and feedback!!

Good luck with the install. Looking forward to shady pics!

Sweet! Looks great!

Thanks! And thank you again for the pictures you posted! Helped my decision tremendously.

Looks great! I need one of those on the end of our covered patio!

I need to get one more as well. It was simple to install. Probably would have been even easier if my son and I hadn't waited until 11pm trying to use our cell phone flashlights....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nursenini - the shades look awesome and love the pic with the view of the pool...

Thank you so much!

Can you post a link to the ones you purchased?

I just bought it from Lowes. Both Lowes and Home Depot carry them in a couple of different colors and sizes. The Coolaroo website is where I looked at the various shade colors, then checked to see what Lowes carried.

Sam's Club has been carrying these coolaroo shades the last 2 years. I bought one last year, love it. I think I paid $70.

I actually looked at those at Sam's, but My Sam's didn't have the color I wanted.

We use Coolaroo shades on our screened in porch. We needed visual privacy from a neighbor who cut down a *mess* of trees and we felt on display in the back porch. We left a few inches on each side for air movement.

I like the rods (stringless? ropeless, whatever!) to raise and lower them as it is less obvious and I really like the tie downs. I bought extra so we can tie it down in at least two positions.IMG_0598.jpg

Looks really nice, Maddie!!

Are those "special" rocks on the ledge? My daughter used to collect "special" rocks when she was little. She ended up with quite a collection. She may actually still have them :)

Looks really nice, Maddie!!

Are those "special" rocks on the ledge? My daughter used to collect "special" rocks when she was little. She ended up with quite a collection. She may actually still have them :smile:

The large smooth rocks on the right were rocks I painted as a child. My father had apparently kept them and they were passed back to me after he passed.

My grandson got some idea that we liked rocks so every time he finds one in the yard he placed it up there. I can't ever move them now, right???

Maddie :flower:

The large smooth rocks on the right were rocks I painted as a child. My father had apparently kept them and they were passed back to me after he passed.

My grandson got some idea that we liked rocks so every time he finds one in the yard he placed it up there. I can't ever move them now, right???

Maddie :flower:

So sweet! They ARE special rocks!! We had also kept my daughter's rock collection- some of which was just rocks that caught her eye (for whatever reason) on the sidewalk or road when we would walk some place. She kept them in a teal plastic box. I remember looking at it when she moved out when she got married almost 8 yrs ago.

Nope, you can't ever move the grandson's rocks! Good thing it looks like you have LOTS of ledge space!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.