Need nudging in the right direction

almostakeeper

May 20, 2020
New Braunfels, TX.
My Hydra pool kit is being delivered today. I've read tons of reviews on the pros and cons of SWG vs standard. Neighbor on one side of me has a large gunite pool with a Hayward SWG. He can control settings with his phone, swears by it. Down the street another neighbor has a fiberglass with standard and he's going to switch to a SWG soon. My biggest concern is rust and blown circuit boards. Here's what I have.

Hydra galvanized G-235 steel panels (on hindsight I should have ordered the poly panels).
16,800 gallons
2 Aqua Genies
2 hp, 2 speed Hayward super pump (power requirements are 230V minimum using 14/3 W Ground)
Going to the equipment pad from the main breaker I put in 12/3 W ground with a double 20 amp breaker

I've seen a lot of you tube horror stories about salt and steel in ground panels
Seen a lot of bad reviews of blown circuit boards

If I went ahead and took the SWG plunge, besides making sure all my cuts through the vinyl at the stairs, 2 aqua genies, 1 return and the auto fill are 100 % butt tight, what should be the placement(s) of sacrificial anodes ?, and what size of Hayward SWG should I consider, providing I have enough amps at the equipment pad.

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
If I went ahead and took the SWG plunge, besides making sure all my cuts through the vinyl at the stairs, 2 aqua genies, 1 return and the auto fill are 100 % butt tight, what should be the placement(s) of sacrificial anodes ?, and what size of Hayward SWG should I consider, providing I have enough amps at the equipment pad.
Here is a Pool School article for you :) Salt Water Chlorine Generators - Trouble Free Pool

Reactions: almostakeeper