Need new spider gasket help!

rtstrider

Jun 24, 2019
Southeast
Hey all! I have a leak in the sand filter diverter piece. The valve on top is working but it’s not sealing closed. It finally failed and no matter what I do water is coming out of the backwash/waste port regardless of the valve setting. All the YouTube videos I’ve seen so this to be the spider gasket. It doesn’t look like a too difficult job so I’d like to get my hands dirty! I’m having a hard time finding the right spider gasket on Amazon. Here are the part numbers (pics provided too)

Valve 272526
Sand filter PNSD0040D01160

I wouldn’t mind swapping out the top o ring as well while I’m in there. Any help to the right gaskets, and gasket sealer, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• A764E46E-7D6C-4B94-865D-9AFC02A4C1EB.jpeg
    A764E46E-7D6C-4B94-865D-9AFC02A4C1EB.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 15
  • A85C562A-416C-4088-BB50-572DAFEE1479.jpeg
    A85C562A-416C-4088-BB50-572DAFEE1479.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 14
I’m thinking this would be pentair gasket 271104 for the spider gasket and 272541 for the oring?

Also I’ve seen mentions of gasket sealer and superglue to hold the spider gasket in place. Which ones have you used and what do you feel is better for this application?

Be sure to shop carefully on this one. According to the Pentair Website HERE, the 272526 was revised to P/N 262506. That might influence your results. So I'm also seeing this diverter HERE on my results. If in doubt, you may want to call someone like Inyopools to confirm.

Be sure to shop carefully on this one. According to the Pentair Website HERE, the 272526 was revised to P/N 262506. That might influence your results. So I'm also seeing this diverter HERE on my results. If in doubt, you may want to call someone like Inyopools to confirm.

Thanks so much for that! That looks to be exactly what I'll need! Figure I'll replace the O ring and spring while it's apart. Now my next question is should I lube up the spider gasket on the bottom and the o ring on top?

Welp found the problem and Texas Splash you were right about the diverter piece for the multiport valve. I have everything except the top o ring to go over the spring. That should be here any minute since our mail runs early. I’ll post pics once this is all put back together

9E2AD05D-99F6-489C-9A2D-667BEE85C17B.jpeg

Yikes. That'll do it. Hope to see you back in operation soon. :swim:
And pool is clean and clear as of this morning! The worst part of this job was the spring under the multiport valve handle. Had to put the shipping box on the floor and use my feet to compress the spring while blindly trying to get the set screw in for the handle. Outside of that this was a piece of cake! Beats having to scrape/glue in a new gasket. Thanks again!

Reactions: Texas Splash
full

Reactions: rtstrider

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi,

This may help the next time you need to do maint on your Multiport Valve. I built this rig for compressing the Spring & it works great.

Check this thread & the drawing below on how to make one of these rigs.

View attachment 393622

Good idea. 👍

I’ve had good luck using a couple C clamps as well. 🙂

Reactions: Scoop
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.