Canfield ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
In another thread I mentioned that my pool pump stopped working. Was thinking of upgrading to a VS pump anyway. I found this pump on Amazon and it can be delivered to my house on Sunday. Is this pump sufficient fir my pool?

• The Hayward MaxFlo VS Variable-Speed 1.65 HP, 230V Pool Pump is the most efficient pump of its kind, according to EPA ENERGY STAR third-party testing, and maybe eligible for local utility rebates
  • Can save up to 80% on energy costs, paying for itself faster than larger, more expensive models
  • Permanent magnet, totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) motor delivers maximum energy efficiency and reliability
  • Simple drop-in upgrade that can operate in standalone mode or connect to any automation system (either directly or with relays)
  • Advanced hydraulic design offers incredibly quiet operation compared to single-speed pumps, especially at lower speeds

Thanks! I will order it. My pump did turn back on this morning. It looks like it over heated. Still, I think the upgrade to a VS pump makes sense and since it is overheating that probably indicates some kind of friction in the motor. Something I can’t fix and I really don’t want my pool without a working pump for long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.