Need new pump for Goldline Aqualogic PS8

And how does the connection work since the terminal block is wires vs a connector
Can you show your board?

You should have a regular terminal block connector where you can remove the block or just loosen the screws and insert new wires.

You can get shielded cable at any hardware store.

You just need basic low voltage communication wire.

Reactions: geepmaley
Ideally, RS485 cable uses twisted pair and double shielding plus is outdoor rated. Lowes use to carry in on rolls but I no longer see it on their website.

However, Cat5e and above can be used instead:

Just cut off the connectors.

However, some VS pumps may actually come with a cable.

It depends on how much flow you need for the spa jets.

Below is an estimate of flow at different speeds.

For the 900, you will probably not get more than about 78 GPM at full speed, but that depends on the system design and you might get more or less.

You might get up to about 110 GPM for a really well designed system.

For the 950, you might get about 88 GPM at full speed, but that depends on the system design and you might get more or less.

You might get up to about 150 GPM for a really well designed system.

1697126179754.png

1697125832986.png

Last edited:
Current pump is 2HP single speed.
Are the spa jets too strong, too weak or just right with the 2 hp pump?
Would I run vs all day vs the 8-10nhrs I run single speed?
In my opinion, the best way to run a variable speed pump is 24/7 at the lowest speed that will give you the skimming action you need.

Each skimmer needs about 15 GPM to give good action as long as the weir is functioning correctly.

The only time you need more speed/flow is for heating, which requires a minimum of 40 GPM and the automation should be able to change the speed to high speed on "Call-for Heat".

The 900 should be able to hit 40 GPM at about 1,725 RPM if your system is not poorly designed.

The 950 should be able to hit 40 GPM at about 1,550 RPM if your system is not poorly designed.

If you need more flow for spa jets, the programming is limited and you might need to see what settings are available.

Ideally, you would want at least 3 speeds 1) Low for skimming and circulation, 2) Medium for heating, 3) High for Spa Jets.

However, I think that the Early AquaLogic software only has a high and low and low can only be 50% or lower.

Check the software settings to see what options you have.

Maybe there is a Spa Mode that can switch to high speed.

Last edited:
The AquaLogic actually has two RPM (%) settings for each mode, pool and spa so four total. The low speed setting is limited to 50%-10% for both but the high speed has a range of 100%-20%. I set my spa low speed to 30% which works fine for heating so I would expect that for all but the most restrictive plumbing, 50% should work fine.

But if the spa has 6 or more jets, I would definitely go with the larger pump. Having too much is much better than having not enough.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys. Spa has 6 jets and the 2HP pump does fine right now. 13KG inground with large spa. Setup is pool mode pulls from pool returns to pool returns plus one in the spa, spa mode pulls and returns to spa, spillover pulls from pool returns to spa. Rheem 400KBTU Heater that is only used in spa mode and T-CELL-15 (Using circupool generic equivalent right now) salt system. Based on above, leaning toward 950 to be safe, but ouch...

Freeze mode kicks in at 35F and automatically transfer from pool mode to spa mode every hour or so I believe.

Reactions: JamesW
Know anything about the OmniGL upgrade board and what extra fucntionality it give to VS setups? Thinking of doing this also for the internet connectivity (may have mentioned that before)
Is this what you are referring to?

I believe it gives you all the features of the Omni system. It is only reusing the same breaker/relay box as the AquaLogic but it has a new controller board and interfaces to the existing relays.

Is this what you are referring to?

I believe it gives you all the features of the Omni system. It is only reusing the same breaker/relay box as the AquaLogic but it has a new controller board and interfaces to the existing relays.
That's the one

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.