Murphys/CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I have a purex triton fns plus fnsp 48. That side has cracked and I’m thinking about switching from de to cartridge. The pool is 13,500 gallons and It’s currently a salt water pool that I will be switching away from the saltwater as it’s indoors and things are starting to rust. Ie, the sliding doors. Being that it’s indoors it doesn’t get a lot debris in the pool. What filter should I replace it with? Thanks so much for any input.

Many of us have the Pentair Clean and Clear plus and really love them, mine has gone 7 years with no issues at all... I clean my CCP 320 once a year and not because the PSI raises 25%, it only goes up 1.5 PSI 14 psi to 15/15.5 psi at the end of year on my 15,000 gallon pool... I think it would work great for you :)

Reactions: HermanTX
Also remember, a chlorine pool is a salt water pool... just adding liquid chlorine and muriatic acid and swimming adds salt.. Most pools have over 2000 ppm salt after 2 years... that is why we tell everyone to test there water when they switch to a SWG.. :)

That’s a good point, never thought about the salt level of a non swg pool. Maybe I should start taking readings more often on my salt ppm and trying to keep it in the lower range

What kind of HVAC system do you have ? I’m guessing the humidity/moisture is what’s causing the rust, not the salt. Anything that isn’t designed to be around moisture, like the inside part of sliding doors for example, won’t fare well.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.