Need Help with Sense and Dispense Timeout

Jul 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Last spring I installed the Aquarite Pro with Sense and Dispense and it worked great all year. This spring I am having a problem with Sanitizer Timeout alarm. I will reset the alarm and in a few days it will go back into alarm. Even though it is in alarm the ORP is always between 655mv and 700mv. I have it set a 700mv as the desired set point. I have extended the timeout hours and it still goes into alarm. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this???

Last spring I installed the Aquarite Pro with Sense and Dispense and it worked great all year. This spring I am having a problem with Sanitizer Timeout alarm. I will reset the alarm and in a few days it will go back into alarm. Even though it is in alarm the ORP is always between 655mv and 700mv. I have it set a 700mv as the desired set point. I have extended the timeout hours and it still goes into alarm. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this???

How did you store the probes over the winter? The caps that came with them should have been filled with water and then probes screwed into them and kept from freezing. If the tips of probes are out of water for very long, they will not sense properly.

As others have suggested the tips should be cleaned. I use a toothbrush and toothpaste and then rinse thoroughly.

Is the ORP sensor tripping the alarm because the ORP is exceeding 700? ORP values are determined by a combination of pool water variables. I believe chlorine, pH, CYA and temperature all affect the ORP value. Test your water to see if any of water chemistry is out of balance.

I have an acid dispenser to keep my pH very consistent and monitor my CYA closely. When I see the ORP creeping up, it is almost always due to the chlorine level increasing. If we are going to have a bunch of people in the pool, I boost the SWG to get the chlorine a little higher and I see the ORP increase.

I tested the water yesterday and the free chlorine level was 9ppm. The ORP showed 625 and it was in alarm. The alarm was "Sanitizer Time Out" I cleaned the probe and the salt cell last week. I do not store the probes in the winter. The pool is in service all year. I believe the probe is malfunctioning. The probe looked clean but I cleaned it anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.