Need help with PH!

I came to find this forum because my CYA had risen so high over the years, I could no longer get it to a shock level that would do anything. My best guess is that my CYA was over 400 when I found this site for help. I did not get my test kit until after I had already done 2 partial drains (to keep water on the liner). Even after 2 drains, my level was still around 225, so that lead me to estimate I must have been over 400 before those drains. That is when I decided to do a full drain, rather than 4 more partial drains. How I did that is covered in this thread.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/113745-New-User-Doing-first-drain-What-do-I-need-to-know

You CAN do this AND your wallet will be VERY happy! Your pool will look and FEEL so much better once you get it all balanced.

You need to do the drain ASAP. Do NOT drain it all. Leave at least one foot in the bottom of the shallow end. We do not want to mess up your liner.

We have you covered and will help as much as we can. IF you pool will drain from the bottom drain you can do it that way. It is up to you.

Kim:cat:

You know what you can do until then? Point your return eyeballs up so the roll the water good. That will help push your PH up since it is SO low.

Have you tested your fill water yet? I would do it so we can tell you what to buy to have ready.

Your first baby???? When will the happy event happen? What a wonderful time in your life!

You know what you can do until then? Point your return eyeballs up so the roll the water good. That will help push your PH up since it is SO low.

Have you tested your fill water yet? I would do it so we can tell you what to buy to have ready.

Your first baby???? When will the happy event happen? What a wonderful time in your life!

I'll point the eyeballs up and test my fill water later when I get home!

Our baby boy is due July 9th! :p

I know this is sacrilege to TFP, but the pool stores do sell a CYA reducing product. I have NO idea what it is or how expensive, but maybe someone on this forum knows if it a reasonable alternative to huge pool drain.

I know this is sacrilege to TFP, but the pool stores do sell a CYA reducing product. I have NO idea what it is or how expensive, but maybe someone on this forum knows if it a reasonable alternative to huge pool drain.

I would be careful with those though. I saw those in the store, and asked about them. The clerk said she does not know if they work, as she has not had anyone come back with a success story. Also said they were $50 a packet, and it would cost me $100's to give it a try. Maybe someone else has actually tried them with success. But, even the store clerk was hesitant for me to try, which told me to stay away. I decided to drain instead, because I knew that would work.

Walk out into the street and take the $50 you were going to pay and throw it in the street. It'll save you the trouble of "trying" a bogus product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A boy???? FUN times! Names???

We have a name in mind but are keeping it until he is born to make sure it fits him. :)

Update on Pool drain: Huge tarp was supposed to come yesterday, but it didn't. :( I may not get to draining for another 2 weeks or so. I have 0 time this week and we have a pool party next Tuesday, then I'm out of town for a week. I'll update if I get to it sooner!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.