Need help with diverters

beerose3

Jul 4, 2019
Frederick MD
we just moved into our house and have never owned a pool. I know the setup on the Pentair 3 way diverters are incorrect but we can’t find anything online for our type of setup to help us figure it out. Looks like someone messed with them. Nothing was labeled on the pipes either. Anyone able to give me some tips on which way everything should be facing?

Attachments

• 8DAC150B-E2C5-44FD-BE6B-F4CA294537FC.jpeg
    8DAC150B-E2C5-44FD-BE6B-F4CA294537FC.jpeg
    646.2 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to TFP.

You need to give us some clues about your pool? Number of skimmers? Returns? Spa? Water features?

Please put details of your pool in your signature.

What does your pool do with the valves set like in the picture?

Welcome to TFP.

You need to give us some clues about your pool? Number of skimmers? Returns? Spa? Water features?

Please put details of your pool in your signature.

What does your pool do with the valves set like in the picture?
That’s why I’m asking, I’ve never had a pool so I really don’t know what I’m looking for. The woman who had the house before us was extremely unhelpful and nothing is marked.

Have you tried to turn on the pump?

Post pics of the pool. Is there water in the pool?

There is no standard to tell you what unmarked pipes do. It will take some trial and error by you.

Attached is your equipment pic labeled showing the water flow.

I have numbered the suction pipes and lettered the return pipes. The pipe opposite the handle is closed for each of the valves.

As set now the pump will pull water from pipe 1. The valve is closed for it to pull water from 2 or 3.

The water will flow through the pump and filter then out the return. Water will flow back into the pool through pipe B and D.

While I don;t know exactly where those pipes are nothing in the valve setting looks unusual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.