Need help!! With cloudy pool

You need a proper test kit which includes the FAS-DPD test for Free Chlorine and Combined chloramines.

The TF-100 is found at www.tftestkits.net
or
The Taylor K-2006C (needs to be C version to be comparative to the TF-100 in reagent amounts) can be found online. Rare to find in stores.

Get the test kit... learn to use it. Stop "shocking" your pool weekly when that's not what it needs, Add only what your testing shows it needs. Your pool is an investment and you need to take care of both water and equipment. Testing is how you do that. And a good test kit will save you a fortune in the long run by not having to buy cruddy potions that pool stores sell.

Maddie ✌️

Ok when I go home I’ll test the
water and use the calculator to determine how much liquid chlorine to add to the pool off of my cya...I just feel like it’s crazy that I would have to add a gal of LC every day
Currently I add a gallon 10% a day to maintain but I add it twice a day to keep it somewhat more level... but it has been brutal here last week in my normal operations I only keep liquid around if I need a quick dose after a lot of users

You need a proper test kit which includes the FAS-DPD test for Free Chlorine and Combined chloramines.

The TF-100 is found at www.tftestkits.net
or
The Taylor K-2006C (needs to be C version to be comparative to the TF-100 in reagent amounts) can be found online. Rare to find in stores.

Get the test kit... learn to use it. Stop "shocking" your pool weekly when that's not what it needs, Add only what your testing shows it needs. Your pool is an investment and you need to take care of both water and equipment. Testing is how you do that. And a good test kit will save you a fortune in the long run by not having to buy cruddy potions that pool stores sell.

Maddie ✌️
I already have a test kit I only went to pool store to see if they got different numbers then what I got.. i got the pool back up and going nice and clean but still having a hard time with the FC.. I drain some water last night to bring down my cya to get it closer to 30 so it will help with my issue.. I will test hen I get home and add more LC to the pool.. now let me also ask you this should I just stop using the hockey pucks completely?

Currently I add a gallon 10% a day to maintain but I add it twice a day to keep it somewhat more level... but it has been brutal here last week in my normal operations I only keep liquid around if I need a quick dose after a lot of users
Wow I’m going to have to start buying up all the LC I can find at my local store if that’s going to be the case.. my pool is 10000 gal how big is yours?

Ya got to love NY with all this high humidity here it sucks.. I am learning so much with the pool stuff it’s crazy last year was my first year with it and I felt like it was never crystal clear and had everyone and there mother telling me you shock every week and keep the chlorine floater going around and check to see if you need to add anything once a week and I could never keep chlorine in my pool!! this year after I got done doing the slam it looks so clean I love it! I added another gal today when I got home to bring up my FC cause I still wasn’t showing anything but I feel after this it will be good..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.