Need help replacing x10 rocker light switch

beachinmoney

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Buckeye, AZ
I have a GFI with an X10 rocker toggle light switch, Shasta built in 2006. My x10 toggle switch died and I am moving soon. I just want to put something inexpensive in that will work. Does anyone have any suggestions. It takes three wires. Any suggestions?Thanks in advance.

B,

I assume this is just an on off, X10 and not set up as part of a three way light system... :scratch:

You should currently have the standard White/Neutral wire, and Black/Hot wire, and the Blue wire that goes to whatever load you are trying to turn on or off..

To replace the X10 with a regular manual toggle switch, which only has two connections, you would connect the Black wire to one of the two connections new switch and the load to the other connection. Then just cap off the neutral wire as it is no longer needed.

If that does not sound correct to you, then show us a pic of your current wiring.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.