Need help reading wiring diagram

HI everyone,

I have Hayward super 2 pump, and after of years of rebuilding bearings and such i decided to buy new motor, so original motor was sp1620z2,
i replaced with sts 1152r, now, i was used to reconnect wiring on old pump by taking a picture of old wiring, new motor has different set up, i have to figure out which wire is 220 , which one is high and which one is low, i have picture of wire color and diagram thats on the old pump motor.

according to this diagram which one is 220 , which high , and which is low,

on the pump itself there is 1, 2 and it says 3 or 4

pump2.jpg

pumpcolor.jpg

The picture you are showing of the wiring shows the configuration on the left is the high speed connections and the one on the right is for the low speed connections. The line 1 and line 2 are the designations for the two 120 lines that make up the 240 for the motor. Looking at the second picture, I am going to guess there is a selector switch somewhere to change the motor speeds from high to low on the current setup. If that is the case then the selector switch is switching between the "2" wire and the "3or4" wire to control the speed.

Dan

The picture you are showing of the wiring shows the configuration on the left is the high speed connections and the one on the right is for the low speed connections. The line 1 and line 2 are the designations for the two 120 lines that make up the 240 for the motor. Looking at the second picture, I am going to guess there is a selector switch somewhere to change the motor speeds from high to low on the current setup. If that is the case then the selector switch is switching between the "2" wire and the "3or4" wire to control the speed.

Dan

Thank you Dan,
my pump is dual speed so ill have to somehow put this together, my understanding is that on my picture , red wire is 220 or common line , i just have to figure out is blue wire hi or low speed line , im not very good with electrical stuff.

The motor should spin the correct way. Really no reason to worry about that.

Looking from the rear, the shaft turns clockwise.

Looking from the front, the impeller turns counterclockwise.

I guess that raises the question of how the shaft can turn clockwise and counterclockwise at the same time?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.