Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Now that my chemistry is somewhat stable I need help positioning my return jets . I have 7 returns and 2 skimmers , I am having really hard time getting stuff skimmed from surface. I almost feel like my pump is not powerful enough. I have been trying all different speeds and time but still not happy. I have attached my pool layout. I do have a 3 way valve that controls the returns on steps and along the pool wall. they are separated in 2 sections.

Attachments

• pool.PNG
    pool.PNG
    138.2 KB · Views: 13
Try shutting down the skimmer near the steps and point the 3 long wall returns towards the light. With 2 skimmers and the return layout your messing with the vortex near the stairs and that skimmer.
How do i shut the skimmer ? just close the weir door? the two skimmer and 2 main drain are on 3 way valve. its funny you mention that , the skimmer by the light always has the most junk. i am assuming its because of the wind? Also what should i do with the 4 return by steps? turn them off.

Last edited:
Skimmers should always have their own valves, sub par plumbing job if they share a line IMO. You can use a winterizing expandable plug for the test in the pipe under the skimmer basket. I would try it with all jets on amd then seperate the step jets out.

Skimmers should always have their own valves, sub par plumbing job if they share a line IMO. You can use a winterizing expandable plug for the test in the pipe under the skimmer basket. I would try it with all jets on amd then seperate the step jets out.
Ok thanks will try that

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.