Need help - Pentair 11056 & iAqualink Communication Issues

Jul 27, 2018
Simi Valley, CA
I replaced Pentair 11018 with 11056 today. 11018 was working with the Jandy Automation. I am planning to use 11018 to replace the old Jandy pump that is used only for waterfall. In the new setup, it seems that COMM port on 11056 is not communicating with the RS485 connection on the board. I can operate the pump from the pump control panel. Needless to say this means pump display is not saying "DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE" or something of that sort. On the Aqualink display it reads "Intelliflo VS 1" is offline.
So far
  1. I have checked the RS485 connection. This setup was working with 11018, so I have no reason to doubt this to be the issue. Yellow to #2 and Green to #3.
  2. I also tried using the new COMM wire that came with 11056 (same results).
  3. There is another connection on the same bus, I removed that to see if that was hijacking the bus, but doesn't seem to be the case.
  4. I switched the RED bus to second bus on the board, still no luck.

Any ideas guys?

Extremely dumb question since I would assume you had the Aqualink board powered down when you were messing with the connections, but the board HAS BEEN power cycled since the new pump was installed, right?

Have you tried going into the VSP Setup in iAqualink and setting the "Pump/Model" to something else and then setting it back? If that didn't work, I'd try resetting the board ("Clear Memory") and set it up from scratch. That pump should work fine - I'm guessing the Aqualink has some ID it gets from the pump via RS485 data and "registers" it as the pump, and now that number has changed.

Thanks dfwnoob.

So it is working now. There were two issues.
  1. When making power connections - L1,L2 & G, the connector for the COMM port that is underneath the display panel, came loose. Funny thing is I thought it might come lose and I checked it at some point but not since. Attached is a image to help anyone else running into same issue. After fixing this, the COMM port started communicating.
  2. Issue #2. As dfwnoob noted, Aqualink stores the pump info somewhere and once it reads a new pump, it changes min(150) and max(150) and also stops communicating with the pump. So I changed the pump to ePump and then changed it back to Intelliflo VS. That solved the problem.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_4225.jpg
    IMG_4225.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: dfwnoob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.