Need help identifying pool equipment

SumoSimo

Jun 3, 2021
Virginia
Hi there,

I just bought a home with a pool, and I was hoping to identify some of the equipment. I've never owned a pool before, so hopefully more experienced eyes can guide me in the right direction.

In the photo below, I believe the component on the left is the filter. If it is the filter, I'm having trouble identifying what kind it is. I also believe that the component on the bottom right is the pool pump.
Filter and pump?.png

I believe the component in the photo below is the heating component, but again, I'm not too sure.
Heating Element?.png

Appreciate the help!

You are correct on all accounts. The filter looks like a DE filter, have you looked at the label on the right side for more info?

How did the pool water look? Did the previous owners leave you any poles, brushes, vacuum head, etc? Invest in a recommended test kit, either TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. Avoid pool store advice but you’ll need to source liquid chlorine (bleach) and muriatic acid. Congratulations on the new home and pool.

How did the pool water look? Did the previous owners leave you any poles, brushes, vacuum head, etc? Invest in a recommended test kit, either TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. Avoid pool store advice but you’ll need to source liquid chlorine (bleach) and muriatic acid. Congratulations on the new home and pool.
Thank you!

To my knowledge, it was serviced weekly by a pool company. The water itself looked pretty clean, and I can see through to the bottom. However, at the bottom, I can see some stains. I'm concerned that some of it is black algae, calcium build up, and/or something else, but I'll leave that up to the more experienced eye. Here's a photo.

pool.jpeg

I think the previous homeowner left behind some pool equipment such as poles and brushes, but I think I'll be purchasing a new set. I've read that I should invest in a stainless steel brush for concrete pools.

Don't worry too much about the pool and the equipment. The experts here will give you all the help/advice you need. Don't worry about the maintenance, even if it's your first pool. With pool school, advice from the experts at TFP, and no pool store input, you will be fine. Though they would have you believe it, you don't have to be a sorcerer to manage your own pool. Whether it's 8500 gallon AGP like mine, or 15,000 gallon in-ground pool, you CAN maintain your own pool.

Reactions: Cwiggs
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.