Need help identifying fitting

crowfive

Jul 9, 2019
Nor-cal
I have a vinyl pool with fiberglass stairs. There is a fitting on the stairs that needs a gasket replaced as it's rotting, but I can't figure out what the fitting is. This fitting is hooked up to be used to add water to the pool, but I also have no idea if that's what its intended purpose is. I'm posting some pictures and some measurements in the hopes that someone here will know what I should be looking for as far as a gasket and if I should be able to remove the fitting? I'm hoping it will unscrew, but I haven't attempted that yet since I don't have a replacement gasket. Ideally I would replace the fitting as well since it's looking pretty janky. Here are the pics:
20190709_134229.jpg
20190709_134217.jpg
20201008_101432.jpg
20201008_101439.jpg
Measurements for the fitting are:
  • Opening: 7/8th
  • Flange diameter: 1 5/8th
If anybody has any insight or information on what I should be looking for I'd really appreciate it.

Well, with the gasket, I was just trying to replace what was there. I guess I could just use silicone to seal it, but is that a viable solution and something that is commonly done? Mostly, I just don't want it to look as bad as it does with the rotten rubber smearing everywhere.

Do you think there really isn't a way to replace that fitting easily since the fitting isn't looking that great either?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.