Need dual IC60s

I suggest putting in one IC60 and leave a space for another one. See how it runs with a single IC60. I too think it will be enough. UV is somewhat effective when the bulbs are brand-new. But even a few months old their effectiveness noticeably degrades. After a year most bulbs are totally useless. How much are replacement bulbs? These are things that are pure profit for your builder as there is really no way to tell if they are doing anything worthwhile or not. The strong advice of this board has always been that outdoor pools do not gain any benefit at all from UV filters.

It is also my personal feeling that when flowing through a running SWG, most pathogens that might be killed by UV are just as likely to be killed by the higher chlorine concentrations within the SWG cell. I am not sure what additional good a UV system does on a pool with a SWG running 24x7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.