Need cover pump advice

Maestro

Silver Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Cape May Court House, NJ
I am fed up with my Little Giant (model APCP-1700) cover pump and I’m ready to replace it. Moisture has apparently been sleeping in through the top past the o-ring and corroded some of the electronics. It also clogs easily and is very hard to clean. I can’t leave town for a few days and trust that it will work while I’m gone (I have a retractable cover which I close every night and when I’m out of town).

I’m considering two models to replace it and wonder if any of you have any positive or negative experience with them: Simer 2125PCP and Wayne WC250.

Instead of using a float switch, the Simer cycles on every 10 minutes for a few seconds and checks for water. Seems to me like this is a lot of stress on the motor, but it gets pretty good reviews. Simer is somehow associated with Pentair, so I figure that’s a good sign.

I like the fact that the Wayne advertises its freeze protection because I like to leave it on the cover all winter. It also doesn’t seem to have a float switch, but I can’t tell what it’s using instead.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.