Need advice

You're in good hands here. A lot of knowledgeable people who don't want you to spend more money on the pool than you really need to, who can help with making informed decisions based on actual science.

Check out the articles on Pool School. The pool care methods we preach are pretty different from what people are used to. They involve a little bit of time every day or two (less as you get used to it) but result in a clean, safe pool with a minimal money outlay. :) And the best part is, you're in charge of your own testing, so you can be assured of the water being right for you!

Reactions: Orion7319
As of now my problem is maintaining clarity while I wait for the test kit to come in. I’m replacing my sand filter now and plan on running it on filter mode afterward. Just want to avoid it turning green or cloudy. I’d like to swim asap “my kids want to swim” What do I do to keep it clean until I’m able to add chemicals
The only thing I will add is that once you get the hang of it, it gets super easy. I only test my pool about once a week and usually I only have to add a cup or 2 of muriatic acid every few weeks. With a salt water generator, a variable speed pump, a good test kit, robot and the pool math app, taking care of a pool is pretty easy. Most of my pool maintenance time is spent cleaning out my robots. The chemistry gets really easy once you get it opened for the season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.