Need advice! PB used lowest point for shell elevation

Great call! I just checked and they are using the one-piece type...go figure. One more thing to have to fight about now. Thank you for the heads-up.

You want one with a removable grate...

Great call! I just checked and they are using the one-piece type...go figure. One more thing to have to fight about now. Thank you for the heads-up.
The ones that have the removeable grate also come in different colors....Grey, Tan, and White for sure. I used about 80' of the grey color in my pool project.

The ones that have the removeable grate also come in different colors....Grey, Tan, and White for sure. I used about 80' of the grey color in my pool project.
...looks like I will have to source them myself. They want $35/ft for ones with grate. That's basically a 500% markup. Not sure I will make it through this project alive y'all...one heart attack after another :)

• Wow
Reactions: TampaKathy
...looks like I will have to source them myself. They want $35/ft for ones with grate. That's basically a 500% markup. Not sure I will make it through this project alive y'all...one heart attack after another :)
Stegmeier Frontier Deck Drain

Thats what I used. I ordered it online.

That's the ones I was thinking of getting. They sell them on Amazon in 5ft sections. Not sure if it's worth the extra $ to get the 10ft sections though...are the seams in the grates between sections super noticeable?
No...when you put them in you will want to take the tops out and put them back in where the seam in the grate does not match up to the seam in the bottom sections. Just take a top and cut it in half and start with that and your left over cut piece should go on the other end...so in other words stagger the seams.

Have you considered putting the channel drain between the deck and the coping, around the pool. That way you don't have the trip hazard, draining into the pool, or the 45 degree angle, and then just run it out of a drainage pipe under the deck at the far end (?)

Have you considered putting the channel drain between the deck and the coping, around the pool. That way you don't have the trip hazard, draining into the pool, or the 45 degree angle, and then just run it out of a drainage pipe under the deck at the far end (?)
While that would look better it would not solve the drainage problem on the left side where the patio is higher than the pool. Without a drain at the lowest point water will just pool where the patio meets the deck. I'm going to try and avoid the 45 and see if we can't grind down the patio enough to make it work with just a straight drain strip across (parallel to the patio). I'll unfortunately end up with a 2in thick patio slab right where it meets the deck but don't see any other acceptable, aesthetically passable, way forward.

No...when you put them in you will want to take the tops out and put them back in where the seam in the grate does not match up to the seam in the bottom sections. Just take a top and cut it in half and start with that and your left over cut piece should go on the other end...so in other words stagger the seams.
Thanks, that makes sense - the joints will be more stable that way. I thought maybe the seams in the tops were visible and hence 10ft sections would mean half as many seams to notice on a 30ft run. Sounds like this is a non-issue and 5ft sections would work. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.