Need advice on liner!

Do y’all have an opinion on overlap vs beaded? I was wanting beaded bc we didn’t get this overlap one even and if we install ourselves it sounded easier.

The beaded/hook ones are easier for diy. They are also more expensive.
Some types require a bead receiver. Unibead can go either way (receiver or no)
There are other factors to consider as well - like if you have a deck &/ don’t want to have to remove the top rails to replace the liner in the future.

The beaded/hook ones are easier for diy. They are also more expensive.
Some types require a bead receiver. Unibead can go either way (receiver or no)
There are other factors to consider as well - like if you have a deck &/ don’t want to have to remove the top rails to replace the liner in the future.
So if mine is overlap I would need unibead? We were planning on replacing the deck with the pool next spring but it does not go over the top. I think I might have my terms confused, the part that’s rusted is under the top ledge, the metal part that goes on top of the wall.

So if mine is overlap I would need unibead?
Yes - unibead can work with or without a bead receiver. J hook also hangs on the wall itself. Regular beaded (hung) liner needs a receiver.
Here’s an explanation
We were planning on replacing the deck with the pool next spring but it does not go over the top. I think I might have my terms confused, the part that’s rusted is under the top ledge, the metal part that goes on top of the wall.
That is the stabilizer bar - on my pool I also have a plastic/rubber coping strip underneath that.
Have you checked inyopools to see if they have any? They’re sold in multiple pieces. There may be an “upgraded” resin version available for your pool.
If they aren’t too bad you can attempt to sand them down, treat them with rust converter & paint them with rustoleum

Reactions: adm525
Yes - unibead can work with or without a bead receiver. J hook also hangs on the wall itself. Regular beaded (hung) liner needs a receiver.
Here’s an explanation

That is the stabilizer bar - on my pool I also have a plastic/rubber coping strip underneath that.
Have you checked inyopools to see if they have any? They’re sold in multiple pieces. There may be an “upgraded” resin version available for your pool.
If they aren’t too bad you can attempt to sand them down, treat them with rust converter & paint them with rustoleum
Thank you! Yes, the resin upgrade for just the top stabilizers is 700 something, we can get a whole new pool for $3100 installing ourselves. We can either sand and paint and get a cheaper liner to hold out for next year or scramble up the money now. Not sure if it’s worth all the work tbh if we are replacing next year 🤔

Not sure if it’s worth all the work tbh if we are replacing next year
I'd find your leaks and triple patch them to limp through this year. So the liner is ugly. So what ? When it's at least 90 / 88%, nobody will care. Oh thank heavens the pool is WET !!!!

Use the savings to upgrade more on the new pool.

I'd find your leaks and triple patch them to limp through this year. So the liner is ugly. So what ? When it's at least 90 / 88%, nobody will care. Oh thank heavens the pool is WET !!!!

Use the savings to upgrade more on the new pool.
We drained it bc our yard couldn’t take on anymore water. The patch we did underwater wouldn’t hold and it’s been empty for awhile so we are hesitant to try to refill it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.