NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
We installed this liner 2 years ago from liner world. It has faded terribly and unevenly. It is below the water line but I do not think it is from water chemistry bc I regularly check and nothing has been way off. It is in the sun almost all day. It now has 2 leaks, one on the side and one on the bottom. We’ve tried patching with no luck. It has flooded our yard and messed with our septic, we are now draining the rest with pump. I’m not sure we can get the liner warrantied but I am going to try. The top rail is really rusted all the way around so I was thinking of pulling back the liner to check for rust before buying a new liner in case we need a whole new pool. My 5 & 8 year old are devastated. Any advice??

IMG_6991.jpegIMG_6988.jpegIMG_6985.jpegIMG_9454.jpeg
IMG_6992.jpegIMG_6985.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The inescapable conclusion is chlorine bleached that liner.........usually excessive chlorine over a long period of time.

Excessive chlorine can also make the liner split more easily and contributes to rust.

How would it have been bleached with a swg? It was never above slam level for my cya for more than a day or 2. Wouldn’t that have bleached it uniformly?

The output can be excessive and the SWG keeps on producing, regardless of the current amount of FC in the pool water

To my eye, that is pretty uniform.......it bleached out at the waterline.
I constantly monitored it though and it was never above slam level the 2 times I had to slam. It’s def not uniform. I guess we’ll wait and see what linerworld says, I’m not getting my hopes up. We were concerned about it at installation when we noticed black areas around the seams and different colors between some sections. But at that point it was already in.

Well, I am not sure what you did first time but I can suggest our methods to you. They are bullet proof and work every time if you follow the processes to a "T"

1. Read Pool Care basics in our pool school

2. Order one the suggested kits found in Pool School BEFORE you need it. Thousand upon thousands of us have these kits.......we'll be on the same page.

Well, I am not sure what you did first time but I can suggest our methods to you. They are bullet proof and work every time if you follow the processes to a "T"

2. Order one the suggested kits found in Pool School BEFORE you need it. Thousand upon thousands of us have these kits.......we'll be on the same page.

2. Order one the suggested price

I’ve been a tfp follower for 6y, never had an issue till this liner. I have tf-100

You may have done nothing wrong. Quality control went to crud across all industries and nothing is worth a dang anymore. Dodge just won an award for each new vehicle having only 1.22 problems needing the dealer in the first year. So everybody had one problem the first year, and 1 out of 5 people had 2 problems the first year, and that's to be commended compared to everyone else. :roll:

Anywho. I'm not saying the name brands won't have problems too, but ink quality is everything on these liners. I would only purchase a big manufacturer liner such as looploc / Merlin / GLI.

Reactions: Decoy205 and adm525

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You may have done nothing wrong. Quality control went to crud across all industries and nothing is worth a dang anymore. Dodge just won an award for each new vehicle having only 1.22 problems needing the dealer in the first year. So everybody had one problem the first year, and 1 out of 5 people had 2 problems the first year, and that's to be commended compared to everyone else. :roll:

Anywho. I'm not saying the name brands won't have problems too, but ink quality is everything on these liners. I would only purchase a big manufacturer liner such as looploc / Merlin / GLI.
Thanks. Do you have to go through a dealer for those brands?

The company emailed back that our warranty was prorated and we would need to pay $211 for a replacement. I’m kind of nervous to get another from them. We were planning on a new pool next summer so that could hold us over until then if the rust isn’t too bad. I’m worried about the top rails though. Decisions 🤔

We paid $620!
Things were wild when nobody had them.
I wouldn't stick with them for a $68 discount.
They'll probably charge you shipping or something else and end up costing you more in the end anyway. Prorated warranties sound great when you purchase something but often end up not only worthless, but costing you more.

Anywho, I'd find a name brand manufacturer if it was me. The name brand distributors often sell generic liners that many times don't hold up.

@adm525
I just looked through all your
PoolMath logs & it doesn’t look like it’s anything that you did unless you were adding lc & pouring it directly on the liner (which I doubt you did if you’re a tfp’r)
That looks like the glimmer glass liner- by Diggers pool services- not sure if its made by these people but it says you must send it in to them for a warranty claim.
The pool factory, dohenys, & inyo all sell swimline above ground pool liners that are made in the usa. Most are quite satisfied with them.
Here’s the swimline lineup
I have a boulder swirl overlap (one of the cheapest) it does have some fading from uv at 5 yrs old but it’s not terrible.

@adm525
I just looked through all your
PoolMath logs & it doesn’t look like it’s anything that you did unless you were adding lc & pouring it directly on the liner (which I doubt you did if you’re a tfp’r)
That looks like the glimmer glass liner- by Diggers pool services- not sure if its made by these people but it says you must send it in to them for a warranty claim.
The pool factory, dohenys, & inyo all sell swimline above ground pool liners that are made in the usa. Most are quite satisfied with them.
Here’s the swimline lineup
I have a boulder swirl overlap (one of the cheapest) it does have some fading from uv at 5 yrs old but it’s not terrible.
It is glimmer glass, we bought it through Linerworld. I didn't even think about the making us ship the old liner! I used liquid chlorine to slam but poured slowly in front of return. I guess our next step is to survey the rust, it was $700 something for new top rails 😣 I will look at those liners, thank you!!

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.