Need advice for Intex Ultra XTR 24x12 Above Ground

Gehangin

Jul 11, 2020
Israel
First post for me - a first time pool owner.
Purchased an Intex 24x12 Ultra XTR
Had a tractor come to level out dirt in our back yard (made sure to have the tractor remove dirt from the higher side, as opposed to adding - this the underlying ground has been sitting untouched for over a decade if not more....)
Flattened as best we could...put wood 2x4's flat in a frame, the middle of which we filled with about 1 inch height of sand, on top of which we placed 1/2 inch thick foam and then placed the tarp that comes with the pool....built the pool with the legs extended and resting on the wood outer frame we built. After using the pool for 2 days, started to notice that some of the legs have slipped off the wood. Also, can tell that on one of the four corners there is a noticeable height difference in the corner connector. The ground around/outside the pool getting very muddy from water splashing all around - making me worry that the dirt is moving because its getting soaked (though I should point out that where we live it does not rain in the summer and hasn't since May). Am I OK? Is my pool sinking? Should I empty it, take it down and start again? Should I relocate to grass even if it may not be 100% level? Should I try lifting with a jack and slide "pavers" under each of the legs instead of the wood? Very unsure if everything is ok or if I am going to lose my investment. Any advice of help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Also - measured the water level...
I've got one corner at 39.4 inches - same long side next corner is measuring just under 41 inches.
Opposite the 39.4 I get 42.1 inches - same long side is measuring 42.5 inches.
Leave it? Empty it and start again?
Would appreciate any advice.

G,

Based on what I've read you're right at the limit of desired "out of level" requirements. I looked into this because my son and his family are doing their first pool as well. I would not jack up while full. Weight of water is tremendous and the frame is not designed to move under load. If it were me I'd enjoy the pool and watch "level creep". If it continues to get worse drain and adjust. If it doesn't move much then wait till the end of the season to fix it. A photo would be helpful. I'll ask a couple others that have AG pools to comment. I'm sure they will have better first-hand advice. @kimkats @Casey @Texas Splash.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Chris - and "Texas Splash" - thank you so much for responding. You are very kind.

Here are a few pictures:
IMG_20200712_150540.jpg
Here ⬆ you can see the first leg that is not fully extended...and that the rest of this wall is also not straight.

IMG_20200712_150602.jpg
This one ⬆ is the opposite wall...nice and straight and upright....but - notice the corner (moving piece) - its not level. You can see the height difference more clearly in the next ⬇ picture:
IMG_20200712_151002.jpg

Can I leave this up?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_20200712_151002.jpg
    IMG_20200712_151002.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 3
G,

Glad to help and I can't really tell what you are showing in the photo's. May be due to my lack of experience with these type of pools. I think it's best I defer to others with more experience.

I hope Pat or others can comment or get the right expert involved. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

Chris

I’m not liking the looks of that first pic in particular. It looks like you didn’t account for how much the legs would move once the pool was full. I don’t have this type of pool so I’m not sure - were specs included in the instructions that give you the finished and full pool’s footprint?

If this were mine, I think I would drain and fix.

The inch or two that it’s out of level doesn’t bother me too much (although it’s not ideal) but what does concern me is the fact that you said that some of the legs fell off of the wood and aren’t standing straight. Unfortunately because of that I think you’re probably better off draining and fixing the legs. You might want to make sure that the wood that will support the legs is totally level as well before you put it back up.

Reactions: setsailsoon
That one corner really shows what happened..........the legs moves and sifted. It will only get worse in the areas where the legs are off the wood :( I say drain and use larger blocks under the legs. It is said to be NO MORE that 1" off :( so that means some fixing needs to be done. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.