Need a summer cover primer -- when & when not to use

Sep 19, 2018
Battle Creek, MI
I need opinions on the most effective daytime use for our solar cover, which is a clear(opaque) diamond pattern roll-up unit that covers fully our 18x36 in-ground pool that is full-on sun in the summer. Obviously, we use it every night to preserve all the warmth we can and to prevent frogs from getting trapped in the skimmer. During the daytime, though, I'm wondering if it isn't a mixed bag of results. Theoretically, if left over the pool it should help heat it. But I don't know if my experience after one season agrees with that -- even if my cold-blooded wife insists i leave it on as much as possible. And I wonder how it's affecting chlorine loss in full sun or shade. Are there definitive guidelines nearly everyone uses in managing their covers during the day? I would like to maximize mine as best I can. Any input would be appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.