Need a solution to connect vacuum hose to skimmer

allendehl

Jan 29, 2020
Miramar, FL
Hello all,

I'm having an issue where the vacuum hose is getting strangled(and eventually breaking) at the 90 degrees angle right above the connection to the bottom of the skimmer of my pool.
I'm assuming there needs to be a solution out there for this. Can someone point me to it?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello all,

I'm having an issue where the vacuum hose is getting strangled(and eventually breaking) at the 90 degrees angle right above the connection to the bottom of the skimmer of my pool.
I'm assuming there needs to be a solution out there for this. Can someone point me to it?

Thank you very much in advance!
this may help

Thank you Herman, I actually have this exact same plate from Amazon but it sinks too deep into the neck of the skimmer, that's why I was still hesitant that was the solution. I may need one about half an inch bigger.
Agree - you need it to fit in the same groove as the where the basket diameter sits.

Allen,

Back before I discovered the world of robots, I tried to use the skimmer as a vacuum port at a rent house pool. A total waste of time for me, so I modified my intake line to the pump so that I could use either the skimmer input or the added vac line. This worked for me as my equipment pad is right next to the pool.

It also allowed me to get the pump running from the skimmer and then slowly transfer over to the vac hose.

I have not used it in years, but it worked fine when I was using it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.