need a replacement for Whisperflo WF-28, 2HP pump

Oct 24, 2018
Tx
Hi, I need to replace my Whisperflo WF-28, 2HP pump, I like to upgrade to a VS pump,
Does the power of Pentair SuperFlo VS 1.5HP, match my current pool? because I understand the THP of Pentair SuperFlo VS is 2, am I right?
if not do I need more than 1.5 hp from a pump?

I have 20k inground pool with the waterfall which I am rarely using waterfall.
I have Cartridge filters.
no other attachment, just a booster pump which needs to be replaced as well(they both died)

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• IMG_4321.jpg
    IMG_4321.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4323.jpg
    IMG_4323.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4324.PNG
    IMG_4324.PNG
    89.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4325.PNG
    IMG_4325.PNG
    73.4 KB · Views: 11
You could go with the Pentair IntelliFlo VS or VSF pump. it is 3HP. That is what I did when I replaced my Pentair single speed pump like yours. My VSP model was 011056.
It works great. I run it 20-23 hrs a day depending on time of year. You can set it to run at a lower speed for most of the day and only run at higher speeds when you want to have skimming or your pool cleaner goes on or if you want to run your waterfall.

With regard to your booster pump, you could consider purchasing a robot and not replace the booster pump.

Thank you for your response, I was very busy and couldn't get back to you sooner, I already ordered a Pentair IntelliFlo VS 011028, I was trying to find out if I don't need more than 1.5 HP so I can go with the cheaper option which is SuperFlo VS 1.5HP although I still don't know or confuse about the Total HP of the SuperFlo VS pump is 1.5 or 2.2!

I also love your idea of switching to the robot cleaner, instead of replacing the booster pump, Do you have any recommendations? brand or model?

Thank you again.

With regard to VS pump, the Hp rating is at maximum speed - like it would be for a single speed pump. The 011028 is a great pump. When you run it at a lower speed then the Hp is lower and that is where the energy efficiency is best. So going with a higher Hp pump is not an issue if you run it at lower speeds majority of time.

There are lots of options on robots. Most like to go for the basic S200. But you can go fancy with extra bells and whistles but many say the higher end models are not great value vs. benefit.
See attached

Attachments

• Robotic-Cleaner-Comparison-Sheet-2021.pdf
    234.6 KB · Views: 8
Thank you for the great information, for the robotic cleaner I am not looking for any fancy model, I found the Warrior SE is cheaper than S200 right now, I am still shopping around for a good deal and on the budget, so I will get one after I replace the pump.
Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.