Need a Hayward Replacement for Pentair 3050 VS pump

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
Hello,
About 9 years ago, I switched my brothers pool over from a single speed Pentair 2hp pump to the tried and true Pentair 3hp 3050 VS pump. It has worked flawlessly until recently. He was so happy with the savings over the years using the VS pump, that his natural decision was to replace it with same pump. Guess what, nobody has them in stock and nobody can tell us when they will be in. With that said, he a very basic pool with no water features and he only runs a suction side cleaner as his only extra thing running. We have called around and can get a Hayward pumps, so he is willing to switch.

Can someone suggest a Hayward replacement VS pump that will easily fit in place of the Pentair 3050, using the following specs.
- No waterfalls, no spa, chlorine pool
- 35' x 19' rectangle x 12ft deep end gunnite pool, about 30K gallons.
- No floor drain.
- (3) standard returns, (1) skimmer
- 2" equipment pad pvc piping, pad is 8 feet from pool
- No automation, 230v subpanel for pump
- suction side cleaner.

I know the Pentair 3hp VS pump was probably overkill at the time, but they were only $825 at the time. Now the price has doubled, but he would still buy one if he could.

Thanks..

-

What Hayward VS pumps can he get?

Pretty much anyone will do.

A higher HP Vs pump that costs more will be more efficient and use less electricity running at low speed.

He can get the Hayward Tristar 1.85hp VS pump or the Tristar 2.7hp

Both are good pumps. The Tristar 2.7 HP will use less energy over its lifetime although it will have higher initial cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.