neat trick when adding links

Teald024

TFP Guide
How many times have you typed out a comment and then wanted to add a link to another thread or off site page? I used to delete or leave out the text used for the link. I just discovered a neat trick when adding a link and it's easy.

Highlight the text that you want to use for the link. Then click on the link chain icon to add the link. The highlighted text will be pre-populated in the link box and you can just paste or type the address

Also works with the "quoting" process. highlight the text you want to quote and only the selected text will be quoted instead of the whole post..

Become a supporter..... can become Become a supporter

Last edited:
Reactions: proavia and mknauss
Many of us have created documents with short phrases and hyperlinks that we can then just copy and paste into posts. Maybe only a little bit faster.

But, your method would just require a list of the web addresses and allow you to paste those on top of any text, nice!

Many of us have created documents with short phrases and hyperlinks that we can then just copy and paste into posts. Maybe only a little bit faster.
Yeah, I started that at the beginning and it is definitely much easier and faster. Then I found I was posting a lot from my iPhone so that method becomes useless. But it's great on a computer.

Method also works with the "quoting" process. highlight the text you want to quote and only the selected text will be quoted instead of the whole post.

Man that is a big union you have! I haven't found a way to size the pics yet in the post. Obviously if you use the Gallery (camera icon) and then it posts a small pic with a text section short description. Not the best looking way in the middle of a post.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.