Nature2 mineral cartridge - how to remove

Apr 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Reading here, I understand it is not recommended using these cartridges. OK, then how do I remove it? I can remove the cartridge, but can't leave it out because the top portion seals the opening in the nature2 housing.

The cartridge is more than 6 months old and I don't use the chlorine tab section either. Eventually will remove the whole thing and install a SWG, but that is later. Wanted to use the tab dispenser when vacation comes soon.

Has anyone taken the core apart and removed the pellets?

I was just going to say, you might google how to take one apart safely, I have seen
photos on this forum (can't remember where) of someone that took them out,
but not sure if they mangled the assembly in the process.

I can't recall where the thread is either, but I think you just have to cut open the inner part (so the lid stays intact) and remove the bag that contains the metal beads.

Almost every one of my Nature 2 cartridges ended up leaking from the top. The leak and what it wasn't doing for my pool was enough. I had a friend just cut through the PVC on either side of the unit and patched it. Don't miss what I was paying for it either. Oh, and over time, the saddle clamp that grips the PVC has a gasket that eventually erodes. You might want to cut the pipe and your losses!

IMG_1576.JPG

I use my nature 2 at the beginning of each season as puck chlorinator while the water is too cold for the SWG. I took the balls out because they useless and I don't want mystery metals in my pool - unfortunately they build the whole cartridge into the cap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's not easy to open, that's why the pellets are scattered all over - the final pop open of the tabs seems like it is breaking, but it's just the 8 or so tabs finally releasing.

The final put-back-together unit... hopefully the future location of a SWG.

fusion2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.