Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello TFP team, My new salt cell has been in service for 2 months. Water balance is good but the Fusion 2 chassis leaks on clean mode. So, I decided to pull the salt cell and the DuoClear cartridge. Do I really need the DuoClear cartridge? Other threads say it's a waste of time/money. I thought I only had a blank in there anyway based on a previous thread but it appears to be an actual cartridge.
Also, see picture for salt cell build up. Need to soak in acid/water but need the correct ratio. Threads indicate from 100% acid dunk to 10:1 acid:water dunk. Thanks as always, Scott

Attachments

• image0 5.jpeg
    image0 5.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image1 3.jpeg
    image1 3.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image2 2.jpeg
    image2 2.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 16
Hello TFP team, My new salt cell has been in service for 2 months. Water balance is good but the Fusion 2 chassis leaks on clean mode.

Your PM logs do not show any water chemistry. Your water is not in balance if your cell is scaling in 2 months.

So, I decided to pull the salt cell and the DuoClear cartridge. Do I really need the DuoClear cartridge?

No

Other threads say it's a waste of time/money.

I thought I only had a blank in there anyway based on a previous thread but it appears to be an actual cartridge.

Which is adding cooper and silver to your water which you don't want.

Also, see picture for salt cell build up. Need to soak in acid/water but need the correct ratio. Threads indicate from 100% acid dunk to 10:1 acid:water dunk. Thanks as always, Scott

See page 39 in https://www.nature2.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0330100.pdf

Mix cleaning solution in a suitable plastic container by adding one (1) part of hydrochloric (muriatic) acid to
ten (10) parts water. Note: To avoid splash, always ADD MURIATIC ACID TO WATER rather than water to
muriatic acid. Solutions stronger than 1:10 will damage the electrolytic cell and void warranty. Submerge only
the plates of the electrolytic cell in the cleaning solution. See Figure 19. Allow the cleaning solution to dissolve
the calcium deposits for approximately fi ve (5) minutes.

Thanks Allen. Should I just cut the DuoClear cartridge except for the top? It's unlikely it has any life left. We've been here for 5 months and unlikely the previous owner ever changed it out in 3 years so it's past it's life doing whatever it was supposed to do. I have high phosphates and a bit out of range TA but addressing now.

Last edited:
Thanks Allen. Should I just cut the DuoClear cartridge except for the top? It's unlikely it has any life left. We've been here for 5 months and unlikely the previous owner ever changed it out in 3 years so it's past it's life doing whatever it was supposed to do. I have high phosphates and a bit out of range TA but addressing now.

Just run the cartridge assuming it is empty.

Phosphates don't matter if you maintain the proper FC/CYA ratio.

FC/CYA Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.