Natural UV (lid off) on a hot tub

Hi A.O.: You are not the only one who feels that flushing and purging possible Biofilms from hot tub or jetted bathtub plumbing is not necessary. We have seen and heard all the scenarios. We actually have spoken to hot tub retailers who claim that biofilms cannot and do not proliferate in hot tubs because they are sanitized. We have been accused, and still are as a matter of fact by some people, that we intentionally load all the peanut buttery gunk into our gel to make it look like it is actually doing something. Speaking like a politician, Here's the Deal: Biofilms can and do form in hot tub plumbing. The Center for Biofilm Engineering at Montana State University would be a great place for non-believers to read about this scourge on all plumbing systems, not just hot tubs or closed-loop systems. This is where studies and testing is performed and contracted
for by the EPA, NSF, FDA and many additional private and public corporations.
IMHO, purging or flushing plumbing lines in hot tubs is one of the keys to safe, healthy and easy to maintain water. I am not going to go into the myriad of situations one can encounter when this protocol is not performed on a regular basis since this forum has provided a plethora of information on this subject. I understand that some people absolutely HATE to drain their hot tub water. We see this on a daily basis. However, we also see and speak to hot tub owners who have purged and have finally benefitted from clean plumbing lines. Sanitizer decay rates have been reduced, foaming has been minimized, water is super clear, hot tub rash has disappeared, no smell around the tub, salt water cells last longer are just some of the advantages. I know that there are non-believers. What we can't see we just don't want to deal with. So, don't purge if you want. It is your hot tub and you are it's master. Just keep on keepin on. We understand! We try very hard to convince people of the benefits of using any plumbing cleaner, not just our brand. We want all hot tub owners to thoroughly enjoy their tubs without all the fuss. This helps the entire industry. Look at all these forum experts who day in and day out try to educate and help people with their problems and concerns. However, it is up to the individual as to whether or not they buy into the advice.

Hi A.O.: You are not the only one who feels that flushing and purging possible Biofilms from hot tub or jetted bathtub plumbing is not necessary. We have seen and heard all the scenarios. We actually have spoken to hot tub retailers who claim that biofilms cannot and do not proliferate in hot tubs because they are sanitized. We have been accused, and still are as a matter of fact by some people, that we intentionally load all the peanut buttery gunk into our gel to make it look like it is actually doing something. Speaking like a politician, Here's the Deal: Biofilms can and do form in hot tub plumbing. The Center for Biofilm Engineering at Montana State University would be a great place for non-believers to read about this scourge on all plumbing systems, not just hot tubs or closed-loop systems. This is where studies and testing is performed and contracted
for by the EPA, NSF, FDA and many additional private and public corporations.
IMHO, purging or flushing plumbing lines in hot tubs is one of the keys to safe, healthy and easy to maintain water. I am not going to go into the myriad of situations one can encounter when this protocol is not performed on a regular basis since this forum has provided a plethora of information on this subject. I understand that some people absolutely HATE to drain their hot tub water. We see this on a daily basis. However, we also see and speak to hot tub owners who have purged and have finally benefitted from clean plumbing lines. Sanitizer decay rates have been reduced, foaming has been minimized, water is super clear, hot tub rash has disappeared, no smell around the tub, salt water cells last longer are just some of the advantages. I know that there are non-believers. What we can't see we just don't want to deal with. So, don't purge if you want. It is your hot tub and you are it's master. Just keep on keepin on. We understand! We try very hard to convince people of the benefits of using any plumbing cleaner, not just our brand. We want all hot tub owners to thoroughly enjoy their tubs without all the fuss. This helps the entire industry. Look at all these forum experts who day in and day out try to educate and help people with their problems and concerns. However, it is up to the individual as to whether or not they buy into the advice.
Now I've been doing this hot tub thing for many years and have not had a myriad of problems over the years which is why I am a bit skeptical maybe. I dont mind draining my tub, its just a normal maintenance thing. And as I said earlier I do have a jar of the Ahhsome stuff in my pool room... just not convinced about doing it and dealing with the mess. I'm thinking I will drain my tub late September into October sometime getting it ready for winter, well as much of a winter as we have anyway. Still on the fence about the purge, maybe I will try it and see if I notice a difference in the tub...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.