Natural Stone Paver Cleaning

rmontgomery

Oct 14, 2019
Rockwall, TX
We have natural stone pavers and I wanted to see what everyone else is using for disinfecting and cleaning? I assume a chlorine/water solution would be sufficient and not harm the pavers, but didn't know if I needed to purchase something special. If I use some of the 10% pool chlorine I have on hand, would I use a 1:9 ratio?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Stone and concrete can be cleaned with a mixture of trisodium phosphate (TSP) and bleach as long as there's no risk of it getting into the pool. TSP is very effective at lifting up grime and killing mold and mildew. Savogran brand TSP can be found in most Home Depot stores in the paint section. You do not want "TSP Alternative" or "Green TSP" ... they are not TSP but a mixture of sodium silicate and carbonate. Unfortunately there are many non-TSP containing products that call themselves TSP so look at the labelling carefully.

The recipe for bleach + TSP concrete/stone cleaning is on the package.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.