Jun 3, 2020
SE Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey folks,

Have a 2 burner little cast aluminium natural gas grill on the deck that just isn't big enough for a family of 4 with young kids. Looking to buy a grill for many years to come and I'm curious about any recommendations you guys would have.

Have been looking at the Napoleon Prestige or Blaze grills. AOG sounds like a good brand and are American made but at the top end of our range.

What other grills in the 1500-3000 range do you recommend?

Not ready to step into a $5000 grill but want something thats reliable and lasts. Have a 20 year old Weber that we have put in new grates, deflectors, burners and ignition but its also not big enough and always has to come out when we have people over.

I have had a AOG grill for 10 yrs. Works well. It has 3 main burners with a side burner for beans, chili, gumbo, etc. Also have rotisserie. All SS material. Mine is on wheels so can move it around. It stores a propane tank in cabinet. Just need to change batteries in ignitor occasionally.

I’ve had a BBQ Galore Turbo series grill for almost 15 years. Originally started as a freestanding grill, but I removed the stand and had it installed in our outdoor kitchen when we built the pool. It has served us well. I’ve replaced most of the internal parts a time or two, and recently added GrillGrates which provide better searing, and still have well under $2k invested in it. Good stainless steel body with cast iron burners.

Appreciate the input. I'm not willing to spend the money on a Weber anymore unless its spare parts for the one I have. Any of the new ones just don't do it for me anymore. Too many people I know that have spend $1000 or more and they are junk in a season or two or three. Doesn't make me want to step into the top of their line.

AOG is nice but expensive. Like that it's American Made. Like that is relatively basic but built well.

Blaze is right pricing and has most of what we want.

Summerset is similar to Blaze but uses ceramic briquettes instead of a stainless flame tamer...

We have an RCS built into our outdoor kitchen that is really a nice grill. It is 5 years old now and still in great condition. They offer the same grill as a free standing unit, but I'm not sure of the cost. Excuse the mess, we have been trying to get the yard ready for the new pool

Attachments

• 20200816_110952.jpg
    20200816_110952.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 34
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.