Name that old pool light

Mar 2, 2014
Dallas
Starting a thread for pool owners to identify old pool lights to help select a compatible replacement. Disclaimer - when in doubt call the various manufactures to see if they can confirm. There will be different opinions even from retailers.

I’ll get the thread started. This is a 30 yr old pool light installed in 1989. There are no markings on the light fixture. One online pool supply retailer stated it’s a Hayward and another stated we won’t say without a part number (and even then don’t count on their interpretation on a very old light part number). I believe and waiting on conformation from Pentair that the pool light listed in this post is an old Pac-Fab Hatteras now owned by Pentair. Pentair believes this to be the case, however they are seeking a second opinion. Once I receive the response, I will update the post.

Please include old pool lights in this thread with info. I will start another thread for old spa lights.

Pictures

1174952B-C56C-4289-B9FC-E13B648DF285.jpeg805A6024-6B2E-4B7D-A7D5-39EF75609830.jpegAD0CFE7D-A3B3-4D81-B498-02ABA4847C80.jpeg-

Update from Pentair:
Pentair second opinion confirmed it is a PacFab/Hatteras fixture. Pentair states any Pentair size light will fit the niche. This will be tested when new is installed.

Last edited:
Nothing on the fixture, but there is some small writing on the lens. I’ll have to get a closeup picture as it’s hard to read. I’ll add picture tomorrow. The plan is to replace light fixtures. Concern is new fixtures fitting in existing niches. Any issues with fit to old niches?

Nothing on the fixture, but there is some small writing on the lens. I’ll have to get a closeup picture as it’s hard to read. I’ll add picture tomorrow. The plan is to replace light fixtures. Concern is new fixtures fitting in existing niches. Any issues with fit to old niches?

My concern is replacement lamp UL approval for existing niche.

Looks like astrolite

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.