N/B IG pool/spa/grotto/waterfall/slide start 7/26

Almost done! My backyard looks like a concrete jungle.

Need advice on my retaining wall. It's stucco that matches my house, but considering putting matching 6x12 waterline tile spaced out on my wall. What do you think? Has Anyone done this and have pictures?

This is the completed slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhhhhhh I think the tile on the wall would look neat! LOVE the idea! Have someone hold a sample up and take a pic so you can see how it would look!

That slide looks FUN! I bet you can't wait to go down it!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sealing decking-you can but quite a few do not. It is extra work and money AND had to be redone over time so weigh out what you are wanting and why. Is it worth it? Quite a few do it to give stone a wet look and bring out the different colors.

:kim:

Yay, we passed plaster inspection!!! :kim: It is getting plastered tomorrow. I've decided on plasterscapes dark harbor blue.

- - - Updated - - -

It's time to start looking at plants for some greenery in this backyard. I'm looking for some fruit plants, plus any other ideas.

That's awesome! I really liked it, but I worried about my 3 daughters climbing out of the pool and getting hurt. I really want to get more stacked stone for my retaining wall and BBQ, but my budget is imploding. [emoji31]

We just had our SoCal pool completed in March and our budget was blown by $30k.

Also our pool finish is Pebble Sheen Mini Tahoe Blue.

It is TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

PLEASE make sure to be there when they show up. You need to make sure they have the correct color and any add-ons you asked for. We saw one pool have to be chipped out due to WAY wrong color and two others caught the wrong color before it came off the truck. In all three cases they sent the trucks to the wrong addresses. The person that had the chip out had ordered a BIG upgrade and LOT of add ons so the person that got that truck got quite a free upgrade. They did make it right in the end but NO one wants to watch them chip out brand new plaster :(

Love the little lady in her slide steps..........so cute!

I have some links for you. Make sure to run this by your PB as he is the one that holds the warranty card:

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Please note the 30 days of no swimming depends on what start up he uses on the plaster. Ask HIM when you can swim. We have seen some that even write in something like this: "When the water reaches the middle of the skimmer, JUMP IN!" LOL

Did you get your test kit yet? If not look in my siggy for the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

Here is a set of links I set up for new pool owners. It is a lot of info but it will all make sense when you start using them:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. I'm playing with my TF-100 kit.

Just testing my tap water before I fill the pool with this water.

The blue box water test.
Chlorine- 0
PH - 7.5

FC - .5
CC - .5
TC - 1

Calcium - 250 ppm
Is this test allowed to show any purple or does it go completely blue?
ec84110aae8250a64d7efd453b78d76b.jpg

TA - 150

CYA - I filled the whole cylinder up and could still see the black dot. I have no idea what I did wrong, but I'll try again, unless I shouldn't have any CYA in my tap water.

The calcium test has a little interference. What size sample are you using?

If the CYA filled to the top and the dot was still visible, you have 0 CYA. No water supply contains CYA anyway. No reason to test it on your tap water.

I am so sorry I forgot to tell you that CYA has to be added. It is never in fill water :(

The TA test-here is a video of it:

POOLCENTER.com - How to test your pool water for Total Alkalinity - YouTube

I do not care for how fast he adds his drops nor how he adds more than one at a time. Note the color changes BUT does not stay. You keep going until you have a color change AND it stays changed.

I hope this helps!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.