Mystery broken part on Jandy LRZ heater

Jul 26, 2016
Little Elm, TX
I have a Jandy LRZ heater with a broken and leaking part on the left side. It's a gauge of some sort. The label right next to it says this is where temperature rise measurements are taken, but the gauge itself isn't shown on the parts diagram and I can't find any Jandy/Zodiac part that looks like it. Do I just need to replace this with any kind of thermometer that fits in that port?

Attachments

• IMG_3866.jpg
    IMG_3866.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3865.jpg
    IMG_3865.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3864.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 3
The parts manual says that this port is for the temperature rise test and to use zodiac part R0336000. I bought the part but don't understand where the thermometer is supposed to go. The thermometer doesn't fit tightly with the brass parts. It looks like a cooking thermometer

Attachments

• temprisekit.jpeg
    temprisekit.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 16
Like I said, that's where the drain plug goes.

You can do a temperature rise test at the location.

With the plug removed, install the special
thread adapter and Pete’s Plug fitting and insert a pocket thermometer.

The Pete's plug has a hole that you push the thermometer through.

You run the pump with the heater off for about 3 minutes to get the unheated water temperature and then you start the heater and see what the heated water temperature is.

After the temperature rise test, install the drain plug.

Last edited:
Like I said, that's where the drain plug goes.

You can do a temperature rise test at the location.

With the plug removed, install the special
thread adapter and Pete’s Plug fitting and insert a pocket thermometer.

The Pete's plug had a hole that you push the thermometer through.

You run the pump with the heater off for about 3 minutes to get the unheated water temperature and then you start the heater and see what the heated water temperature is.

After the temperature rise test, install the drain plug.
Won't water come squirting out the place where the thermometer is going in since it's not a tight fitting?

It should be tight. See procedure in manual.

Unscrew the knurled cap and show a picture of what it looks like in the fitting.

temprisekit-jpeg.334774

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.