My Very Own Pool Store Story

Mar 16, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
So the last two years Mom has "opened" her pool to a green mess, and I have guided her through the slam process. Last year, she went to a local Leslies to get liquid chlorine because she prefers dealing with fewer bottles and doesn't mind paying a little more for the convenience. Guy at Leslies tells her it's illegal to sell liquid chlorine, so she shrugs and goes to another local store who sell her 10% for the rest of the year.

Fast forward to this year, I go to a leslies near my work to look for something to help aerate her pool. Asked her if she needs chlorine while I'm there and she tells me about the other leslies. I ask the guy at the counter, his response is "yeah, we keep it in the back... Wait, liquid chlorine. Is that Sodium Hypochlorite?" Checks in the back, sure enough they sell 4 bottles of 12.5% liquid chlorine for ~$18 while Mom has been paying >$20 for 4 bottles of 10%... Oh and he then proceeds to tell me that it may sound like a good deal, but liquid chlorine is actually really weak. I bought a case of "weak" chlorine and thanked my lucky stars I have TFP.

dbtgallery.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.