lordmundi

Apr 25, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Had the walkthrough before we close on the house today and I brought a bottle with me to collect a water sample and bring it home. Used my TFP test kit and did my best to follow all of the instructions.

Here is what I got:

Test Results 05-17-2021 @ 07:00 PM
------------------------------------------
Free Chlorine: 20.5
Combined Chlorine: 0.5
pH: 7.2
Total Alkalinity: 70
Calcium Hardness: 600
CYA: 100

Now, I'm guessing the CYA is high because the previous owners (until tomorrow!) have an auto chlorinator plumbed in. That's my guess. Anyhow, I've done lots and lots of reading here and am excited to get my first measurements. Let me know how I should proceed to eventually get my numbers where they should be. I'm guessing that even though my numbers are a bit off from what TFP wants to see that it shouldn't be unsafe or anything right? Like if my kid wants to go swim in there after we move in?

A few other questions while I have the attention of the experts!

• I'm using the Pool Math app. Is there any way to easily share test results with this forum? There is a setting to link the account to the TFP forum, which I turned on but I don't see it show up anywhere.
  • Is there a mobile app for the TFP forums or do I just have to go through a web browser?
  • Is there any way to export my logs from Pool Math? Like if I wanted to put them into a spreadsheet?

Thanks so much! I appreciate any answers or tips that I can get!

P.S. - I don't have measurements of the pool yet as I haven't moved in and been able to measure it.

Congrats! You can browse the forums via the app - click the icon in upper left, then click on pool school, then on forums.
I can see your test results in the app so you’re set up correctly.

Do the dilute test like mknauss mentioned - you may need to do a partial drain to get cya in line. Also other readings like ph might be off with FC so high.

Welcome to TFP!
Had the walkthrough before we close on the house today and I brought a bottle with me to collect a water sample and bring it home. Used my TFP test kit and did my best to follow all of the instructions.

Here is what I got:

Test Results 05-17-2021 @ 07:00 PM
------------------------------------------
Free Chlorine: 20.5
Combined Chlorine: 0.5
pH: 7.2
Total Alkalinity: 70
Calcium Hardness: 600
CYA: 100

Now, I'm guessing the CYA is high because the previous owners (until tomorrow!) have an auto chlorinator plumbed in. That's my guess. Anyhow, I've done lots and lots of reading here and am excited to get my first measurements. Let me know how I should proceed to eventually get my numbers where they should be. I'm guessing that even though my numbers are a bit off from what TFP wants to see that it shouldn't be unsafe or anything right? Like if my kid wants to go swim in there after we move in?

A few other questions while I have the attention of the experts!

• I'm using the Pool Math app. Is there any way to easily share test results with this forum? There is a setting to link the account to the TFP forum, which I turned on but I don't see it show up anywhere.
  • Is there a mobile app for the TFP forums or do I just have to go through a web browser?
  • Is there any way to export my logs from Pool Math? Like if I wanted to put them into a spreadsheet?

Thanks so much! I appreciate any answers or tips that I can get!

P.S. - I don't have measurements of the pool yet as I haven't moved in and been able to measure it.
If you sign into pool math with the same account you sign into on the forum I believe your logs can be seen by the experts here.

I just use my browser on my phone.

IDK on your last question. Good question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.