My TF-100 test kit results

joem1cha3l

May 23, 2020
NY
Just received my kit and did my first test. This is my first year owning a pool. Any advice would be great. Over the last week I got it from swamp green to being able to see the bottom of the deep end with ease. I know my chlorine is high right now but thats about all I know haha

Chlorine - 10
PH - 7.2
FC - 7 PPM
CC - 0
TA - 230
CYA - 45

Something is not right... Chlorine 10? You have FC (free chlorine) of 7 and CC (combined chlorine) of 0. That gives you a TC (total chlorine) of 7. So not sure where the 10 is coming from. Was that supposed to be CH (Calcium Hardness)?

Something is not right... Chlorine 10? You have FC (free chlorine) of 7 and CC (combined chlorine) of 0. That gives you a TC (total chlorine) of 7. So not sure where the 10 is coming from. Was that supposed to be CH (Calcium Hardness)?

Not sure where I got that chlorine number from haha. Please disregard that top line. What do you see/suggest on the other numbers?

A new bottle of R0009 reagent can sometimes cause an error in TA testing for the first few times.
"Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wipping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop."

Reactions: MisterX

Ok. I realized that the "10" reading was from the quick chlorine and PH test. The then led me to test further and get those results. Here are this mornings results

PH - 7.5
FC - 11
CC - 0
TC - 11
TA - 170
CYA - 40

What should I do to get that TA level down? I assume the FC will drop with more sunshine and activity?

From your first post it would be wise for you to follow the SLAM Process and pass all three criteria.

Do not worry about TA. It just needs to be tested as you need the value for Poolmath.

Raise your FC to 16 ppm (SLAM level FC for 40 CYA) and maintain that by testing and adding chlorine until your water is crystal clear.

From your first post it would be wise for you to follow the SLAM Process and pass all three criteria.

Do not worry about TA. It just needs to be tested as you need the value for Poolmath.

Raise your FC to 16 ppm (SLAM level FC for 40 CYA) and maintain that by testing and adding chlorine until your water is crystal clear.

water is currently crystal clear. Just looking to maintain clarity at thIs point

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.