My SWG Maybe Undersized

@YippeeSkippy, what are your thoughts about adding a note to the ABC's of pool chemistry the negative impacts of using sodium bisulfate (ph minus), in certain situations (plaster, SWCG, etc). We talk about using muriatic acid. That is unless i missed it.

what are your thoughts about adding a note to the ABC's of pool chemistry the negative impacts of using sodium bisulfate (ph minus), in certain situations (plaster, SWCG, etc). We talk about using muriatic acid. That is unless i missed
It’s there.

We’ve been theorizing a discussion about how to better organize the vast wealth of knowledge that is pool school. You can find anything If you know what to search for, but a lot of times people don’t know what they don’t know. You know ?

Reactions: Hadiguy05
Actually now that you make me think of it….. @Hadiguy05 and @BuffLosolja you both went through all this as first timers this season. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated here :

I think adding a SWG to Pool Math. I spoke with Jandy today when I had the connection error. They stated that running the SWG all the time will increase the PH. I will keep treating with Muriatic Acid to get PH lower first and go from there. I think had my builder gave me any overview life would have been easier.

I think adding a SWG to Pool Math. I spoke with Jandy today when I had the connection error. They stated that running the SWG all the time will increase the PH. I will keep treating with Muriatic Acid to get PH lower first and go from there. I think had my builder gave me any overview life would have been easier.
@BuffLosolja a SWCG will increase PH, much like aeration will. IDK how much it raises it over time though.
Actually now that you make me think of it….. @Hadiguy05 and @BuffLosolja you both went through all this as first timers this season. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated here :

I clicked the link and it said I didn't have permission to view...

@BuffLosolja a SWCG will increase PH, much like aeration will. IDK how much it raises it over time though.

The SWG creates hydrogen bubbles when it is generating that cause aeration that causes the pH to rise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think that is an EXCELLENT idea @Hadiguy05 ....I will put it forward to TPTB for inclusion here in the pH section and possibly also in the "Non-recommended chemicals section with a caveat for plaster and SWG pools only.

Maddie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.