My Routine

Billtkat

Apr 25, 2020
Oro Valley, AZ
My routine is to test Chlorine & PH each night. On each Sat I do the total test in my TF100 kit for the pool. Being my first year with using bleach when I do my nightly test I see the PH pretty good however the chlorine is really a good guess as it is hard to judge between 2 & 3 - 3 & 5 however I think I am close. I add my chemicals late evening when the sun is down. With my CYA being 30 'ish my target is 6 with a min of 2. When I test it appears that I am losing about 2-3 PPM per day depending on the heat / sun and swim time. My question:
1. Do most of you add bleach to get to your target each time ? Or to a lesser level ?
2. Is my loss of Chlorine seem normal
I appreciated the feedback as I am using jugs of liquid chlorine up pretty good but since this is my first year maybe this is the norm and just not used to amount of bleach needed daily - Pool looks crystal clear and certainly trouble free but not exactly cheap. Or at least seems more costly than using tabs in the past
thanks

Use the droppers for FC, not the OTO color test. Then you will get exactly what level it is. Use the 10ml water sample and each drop is 0.5 (or, divide drops by two). Add daily to get to the top of the range. You will find out how much is normal. 2-4ppm of FC loss is standard in summer if sun is on the pool.

And keep in mind - tabs would raise your CYA and you’d have to drain; so you have to include the water replacement costs in your considerations for tabs :)

Reactions: Billtkat
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.