My pool water is dark blue.how do i treat it?

Willy_onyedika

In The Industry
Sep 30, 2019
Lagos,Nigeria.
How can i clear pool water that is deep blue to the normal colour.it happened when the water turned brownish as a result of iron in the water after i applied aluminum sulphate and chlorine together.i'm afraid maybe the aluminum sulphate is too much.wish i can send you the picture so that you'll see for yourself.thanks

Hey how ya goin mate?

I don't know but please post up whatever water chemistry numbers you can provide. I'll put up the bat signal for a chemist and they'll want those numbers.

If possible:
FC x ppm
CC x ppm
pH x.x
TA xx ppm
CH xxx ppm
CYA xx ppm
Iron x.x ppm

Aluminum sulphate is normally termed Alum and is a coagulant/flocculant. The color blue is normally associated with copper. Has the pool had extensive amounts of copper based algaecide or other products added?

First step is to vacuum to waste the coagulated material in the pool. Hopefully you have not been running your pumps after adding the alum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.