My Pool Pump died, replacing with SuperMax/SuperFlo. Anything I should know before pulling the trigger?

Jul 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Hi All,
So, my pool pump is dead and I'm looking for a replacement. Like probably everyone else, I'm worried about overpaying and/or making a poor decision on a pump replacement.

My current setup is pretty straight forward I think. 15k gallon pool, turbo cell salt chlorinator, AquaLogics controls, Waterfall. Current pump is either a Hayward Tristar or Northstar, 3/4 HP.

Looks like I'll want a Variable Speed pump, just seems like the right thing to do. Soo... it looks like I can get the SuperMax VS pump installed for $920 plus tax. (The Pentair SuperFlo is $50 more, but an option if there is added value at all.)

On the flip side, it looks like I'm going to lose some functionality with my existing controls. The pump will have it's own controls, but I don't believe it will integrate with my AquaLogics which controlled my old Hayward and also the Chlorinator. So I'll have separate controls for the Chlorinator and the pump. I've read about dealing with this with the two different timers. Just one more thing to keep an eye on, but such is life as a pool owner huh?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide me. My wife is stepping on my throat to get the pool open given we are quarantined and it's getting hot this week.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The Hayward MaxFlo VS or TriStar VS pump may interface with your controller. What is the current software version on the AquaLogic? You need 2.65 or greater.

I have the MaxFlo VS with the AquaLogic 2.85 and I can program and run the pump using the AquaLogic.

Reactions: rolandv
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.