My pool looks like a swamp! New owner, 1st time opening, Help!

FC - 12

It won't go up!!!

Use 6% in Pool Math and set the target to 18 to see if you can get it higher. Looks like it keeps getting consumed because of the organic matter in the pool.
You're doing great. It's not going to hold at shock level until it is finished killing everything.

Oooh. I see you picked up new 12.5%, so I wouldn't go all the way down to 6%. Maybe try 10% and see if that helps get it up. Maybe the new stuff is a little weak.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm trying to use up all the "bad chlorine" been using 5% in pool math. I just tested PH just because I was curious.. it was less than 7.0. Does that matter?? I also went and used my scrub brush on the pole and scrubbed along the bottom all over and it stirred up alot of algae. Is there anything else I should be doing? I feel like I'm not making any progress.

Just tested...
FC - 13

I'm still finding worm pieces floating around.... Im not getting any really when I scoop the bottom, obviously they are there, not like in the beginning.
I've probably got enough R-0871 for 1 or 2 more tests. What should I do when I run out until more gets here? I'm down to 2 gals. left of the RK chlorine, so hopefully the stronger stuff will help more.
I feel like I'm not doing something right, or I'm missing something, feel like no progress today. Beginning to wonder if it just needs to be drained and cleaned?!?:confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't test PH during the SLAM

Ok, was just curious

Don't think you are doing anything wrong. You are not. You are following the SLAM process. You just have not been able to get to target level because of your weak liquid. Patience is the key here.

Whe if your 0871 supposed to be there?

Don't think you are doing anything wrong. You are not. You are following the SLAM process. You just have not been able to get to target level because of your weak liquid. Patience is the key here.

Whe if your 0871 supposed to be there?

I ordered yesterday, says it was shipped today via USPS. Ordered from TFTestkits.

By time I get done going around the pool skimming off all the worms and pieces of worms, it's time to do it again.... This is wearing me out.. it's non-stop all day, with the 5000 other things I'm trying to do at our new house. Carpet was supposed to be installed yesterday, but something was wrong with it, so they couldn't install, now we have to wait at least another week. Half my house is just sub-floors. Sorry just venting!

I used up the last bit of the RK chlorine, so hopefully I'll start to see some better results withe the 12.5% Chlorine from the pool store.

I know I keep asking, but assuming I'm going to run out of 0871, what's my options?

If you should run out then use the previous day's readings and times. You can add what was added at those same times and amounts. That is what I did.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it is exhausting. I have been there. I am always busy too with various stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are not getting much debris out, then you could go ahead and put the vaccume in just watch it. If it has a filter bag then it will fill up fast. If you don't have a filter bag then if you have a waste setting on your filter, vaccume to waste.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are not getting much debris out, then you could go ahead and put the vaccume in just watch it. If it has a filter bag then it will fill up fast. If you don't have a filter bag then if you have a waste setting on your filter, vaccume to waste.

The pool did not get that way after only a few days, it's going to take more than a few days to clear it up.
You are really doing great!!! If I lived near you I'd give you the 0871 I just ordered and just get another one.

One thing you could try is next time you run a FC test, run the block test as well and take a picture of the color. It will probably be a dark yellow/orangish. You could use this as a guide temporarily to test the FC until the 0871 arrives.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.