My pool is dirty

frodosdojo

Jun 17, 2020
Atlanta
Hi, I bought my house last year and an Intex B 16 x 48 saltwater pool came with the house. After closing, the pool was a solid green and it took me weeks to get it clear. I made the mistake of emptying it and now the liner is wrinkled in spots. I struggled with the paper filter and the chlorinator would fail often. I winterized it in October and opened in June. It was only slightly green and easier to get clear. This year I bought a new filter pump and use zeo as the medium. I maintain the chlorine and chemical levels with test strips. I also bought a skimmer and attached it to one of the outlets. I use pool socks on the inlet. The problem is I still have so many bugs in the pool. There are ants, baby mosquitoes, beetles and sometimes roaches in the pool. And there is soot and dirt at the bottom that cannot be vacuumed. I find the vacuum useless as there is never enough suction to pick up anything.

What should I be doing ?

You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100 (link in my signature) with speed stir but the Taylor K2006C is acceptable too. Test strips and pool store tests are notoriously unreliable and lead to screwing up the chemistry, allowing algae and green pools. And unsanitary.

While waiting on your kit read ABCs of pool water chemistry and how to slam. Links in signature.

Add your pool information to your signature, similar to mine. Helps the experts help you. Settings/signature

As far as the vacuum, I have never used one. We went from using a fine net and brush to clean the floor and walls to a robot the second year. If you can swing the $, that is the way to go in my opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.